Our SCOFF group meet fortnightly and this is led by a school leader. Our Kitchen Manager Mrs Simpson also attends some meetings. One child from each class in KS2 represents their class and puts forward opinions, suggestions, points of view and feeds back to the other SCOFF members.
Each SCOFF member has an allocated role and these are altered termly to ensure the children have the opportunity to be responsible for different areas.
Some of the discussions the children have been involved in are:
- How the school dinners could be improved?
- Lunchtime routines
- Food wastage at dinner times and how this can be tackled?
- What the different classes would like to cook or bake in the Cooking and Nutrition lessons?
- Fundraising and special events
- Ideas for food stalls at the Summer/Winter Fayres
- Portion sizes of school dinners
Our SCOFF Representatives for 2021-2022 are:
3A – Oscar
3B – Ibrahim
4A – Hawa
4B – Isabelle A
5A – Harry
5B – Zakiya
If you have any suggestions and ideas for the future meetings, please do let your SCOFF representative know.