(Register of Interests 2018-2019 can be found here.)
Governance within Exceed Academies Trust
There are three layers of governance within Exceed Academies Trust:
- Members – responsible only for fundamental decisions such as changing the constitution of the academy trust.
- Trustees (Directors) – have ultimate responsibility for making strategic decisions about the day to day running of all the schools in the Trust.
- Governors – support the Trustees by monitoring and challenging the performance of each school at a local level.
Each school has a Local Advisory Board (in some cases a more focussed interim board will be implemented to support rapid improvement), which has delegated responsibility for monitoring the day to day running of the school. The LAB is made up of the Governors of the school. Some Governors are appointed by the Trustees whilst others are elected by parents or carers of pupils/students at the school or by staff. A LAB includes:
- The Chief Executive Officer of the Trust;
- The Headteacher/Principal;
- 2 Parent Governors;
- 2 Staff Governors;
- Up to 3 Trust Appointed Governors (“Co-opted Governors”).
For further information about governance within Exceed Academies Trust please visit the Trust’s website by clicking here.
Our School’s Local Advisory Board
Our governors act as the critical friend of the headteacher and senior leadership team, and provide support and challenge to ensure effective running of the school. Their key responsibilities include:
- ensuring the quality of educational provision;
- challenging and monitoring the performance of the school;
- ensuring good financial health and probity;
- supporting the SLT in management of staff.
In order to fulfil these responsibilities, our Local Advisory Board will:
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school’s future and setting targets for school improvement;
- keep the pressure up on school improvement by monitoring and evaluating the progress the school is making towards it’s set aims and objectives;
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice;
- help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does;
- work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping these under review;
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff;
- not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action.
Details of the membership of our Local Advisory Board including when they were appointed, their term of office, who appointed them, any relevant business and pecuniary interests and record of attendance over the last academic year can be found by clicking on the link to the ‘Register of interests’.
You can contact the Chair of our Local Advisory Board (or another Governor) via the school by calling 01274 574544 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our Clerk (Peter Taylor) by emailing email@example.com.
Interested in Being a Governor?
If you feel you could make a positive contribution to the work of our Local Advisory Board, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact our Clerk, who will provide further advice and information, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair of Governors: Ian Willoughby (Co-opted)
CEO: Duncan Jacques
Headteacher: Salma Rahman
Co – opted: Talat Sajawel
Co – opted: Shreen Mashtaq
Parent: Khalid Zaman
Staff: Laura Naylor
Staff: Vicky Adams
Clerk to Governors: Jo Anna Barr
Reception – Mrs Vicky Adams
Year 1 and 2 – Mr Talat Sajawal
Year 3 – Mrs Jane Wooton
Year 4 – Mr Khalid Zaman
Year 5 and 6 – Mrs Laura Naylor